Saturday, April 2, 2011

Teochew Rap Anyone?

Okay people, are you ready for it? Teochew rap.... YES. I'm sure if you go to Diosua: there is actually a pretty big hip-hop/rap scene, with a quite a bit of interest in making music in Teochew. I've included three artists that I found on the internet. The latest two (that I found) is from MC BLS and 貓貓 CAT. 西社金牛, I found back in 2007. His song is ridiculously fast (Cat's rap part is fast too) - I think I can only attempt the choruses of both songs. I honestly don't understand most of the songs - it would require me to do some translation. In any case, it's just great to see (hear!) what can be done with our language.

尚浪險 (Siạng Lạng Hiàm) by MC BLS


汕尾女孩 (Sua: Bhuè Néung Hai) by 貓貓 CAT


酒肉茶話 (Jiụ Nēk Dẹ Uẹ) by 西社金牛(Sai Siạ Gim Ghū)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ty, I am also Teochew culture and language enthusiast myself. You should post a teochew video introduction of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe - maybe I'll just have to put up a video soon... =)

    ReplyDelete